Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where did this interest come from?

First off, I feel that an interest has turned into a passion.  I've been dutifully thinking and praying and talking over the entire process of joining the Army.  Seemingly, out of the blue I started thinking about this.  But as I try and think back, little things along the way steered me towards this conclusion.  Let's take a journey back in time!  Ok, that was really cheesy but let me just brainstorm for a minute.

- In High School I was in JROTC, just for two years (I have a funny picture in my uniform, I'll have to dig it up).  
- I was in Royal Rangers for almost 10 years (it's like Christian Boy Scouts)
- Random things like video games and paintball interests (sorry if that's cheesy)
- A love for structure, organization, new skills, camaraderie, sense of honor, sense of accomplishment...

I also did some checking of my internet bookmarks (to see when I started doing research online) and I found that in July, I searched for info about the Army National Guard.  Then in October I searched for Active Army and possible jobs.

I don't know... I guess that's part of it but I know there's more.  

No comments: