Sunday, January 11, 2009

MEPS Notes

Well, I came back from MEPS unscathed.  I took some notes while I was there and I though I would share them with you.  I'm not really going to edit them and I just jotted them down in a bullet point format so I'll keep that the same too.  Enjoy.

MEPS Trip 1 Day 1 20081203

- Took the ASVAB in about 1:45
- Got a 71 total and a 114 on GT (needed 110 for OCS)
- Bunked up with Chad (Navy) - ASVAB = 78
- Ate dinner with Chad and Jillian (Army - ASVAB = 95)
- After the ASVAB and while waiting for the hotel shuttle we all sat for about 2 hours watching TV but I was so tired.
- Planned to go to bed around 8:30 or 9 but ended up 10pm.  I wanted to hang out but I was tired and it's just MEPS.
- Dinner was lame, Chicken looked great but was incredibly dry.  Mean lady, gross dining area: "Chesapeake Room."

MEPS Trip 1 Day 2 20081204

- Bed at 2200, roommate stayed up later.
- Decent sleep
- Woke up and dressed. Ready in a flash, dropped off keycard.
- Breakfast wasn't bad; eggs, bacon, sausage, toast.  I had doubles just so I wouldn't go hungry.
- Board bus at 4:45am
- Got through some tests super quick but then had to wait with a bunch of guys.
- Staff is fairly friendly and helpful but some are grumpy, probably because it's still super early.
- 2 guys in line for an exam with the Doc kept falling asleep.  One snored and the other kept dropping his folder.
- These lines are some of the most mind numbing waiting I have ever done.  Bored and tired.
- Done (almost, well, virtually).
- 1100. Hungry, perfect, free lunch.
- Met a "coastie" but he did NOTHING all day; recruiter didn't put him in the system properly.  Has to do it again later.
- Need to get hospital records and all set.
- 12 dudes in underwear tend to smell a little, though I took a shower, did they?
- Waiting to leave, met girl going to OCS.f
- You kinda see a difference in Enlisted route and Officer route candidates; clothing, attitude, speech...
- I was the only one with a clean shave, a high and tight (or even groomed hair), decently dressed, not sitting sloppy, mouth shut... you get the idea.
- Everyone I met got a higher ASVAB score than me!  Is that bad?!

No comments: