Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Army Update

I decided to go the Enlisted route over Officer.  At least for the beginning.  For a reasons.  

- I don't feel that I have any "traditional" leadership traits
- Passing the AFPT for OCS would be difficult
- No signing bonus for OCS applicants
- Having no guaranteed job was a little unsettling with my wife and I

Benefits to Enlisted first?
 
- Get my feet wet; understand how the Army works
- Gain credibility 
- Enlistment bonuses
- Pick my MOS

So I told my recruiter and we started the work on swapping things around, not too hard.  I gave him my hospital records and security clearance info and luckily I won't have to go back to MEPS!

Stay tuned for more info.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey thanks for the kind words. I've been meaning to even post more but I'm still busy doing a ton of research.

I actually didn't see many Air Force guys at MEPS but I did see Navy and Marines, and they seemed way different too!

I'd like to hear more about what you plan on doing. I should be getting close to swearing in myself. I just want to make sure all my guarantees are indeed just that.

Double checking forms, (student loan repayment), bonuses, security clearance...

Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback!